25 June 2012

Training and 2 New PB's

The couch potato is now talking PB's like a true athlete.....hahaha.....just getting your attention.

Only two months until Mt Kilimanjaro and the days seem to be flying past at the moment  :0

I have been wearing the 5 kilo weight vest on my hikes up the Castle Hill Road for several weeks now.  This weekend I decided to step it up to the next level so I did the Goat Track instead of the road.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that with the vest it didn't seem any harder than when I was doing it without the vest.  So the road training has worked and eased me into that one.

Then on Sunday I increased weights to 10 kilo and did a very early morning walk of the The Stand, Rockpool to Jupiters return 7 KM. Definitely a different way to watch a grey stormy day break over the ocean and bonus was that Eddie joined me and he actually enjoyed it!

Wearing 10K was a reality check, it is the same amount of weight I have lost.....and I certainly don't want to be lugging that around every day ever again!!!

So this weekend produced two new PB's for me  :=)

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Very interesting and informative. Look forward to more. Cheers Pat

    ReplyDelete