24 August 2012

I'm Off ....

First leg is Townsville to Sydney and, as I check in at Townsville airport, I am warned my check in bag is overweight by 1k. I am actually quite pleased by this as I thought the allowed weight was 20k and the lady tells me it's 23k.

The check in person suggests I move one item from my main bag to one of my carry on bags before I get to the international check in where they will charge me for the extra baggage weight, but I'm okay for the domestic flight.

My carry on's are also chocka and, at this at point, I am more than pleased to pay 1k over weight.

So off to Sydney I head and Matthew has arrange a special rate at his hotel, Sheraton On The Park, so a luxury room awaits me.

In Sydney I get to catch up with my cousin, Annette and her partner Viti. Only a quick visit to their apartment as Annette broke her ankle 6 weeks ago and she's still not allowed to walk on it, so she can't come out to dinner. Hope she's a bit more mobile in a month when we are on the homeward journey.

Back to the hotel to find Matthew and we set off to the unit he shares with his half sister, Alicia. I finally got to meet her after all these years..at laaaast! She's is a lovely woman and it's clear that she and Mat just get along so well, which is comforting to see.

So off we go to their local for drinks and dinner before a reasonably early night of 10.30 because I have suddenly hit the wall and am totally tied.

No comments:

Post a Comment